Friday, May 13, 2016

  • Friday, May 13, 2016
  • Elder of Ziyon
An EoZ reader sent this email to the Washington DC office of the UN's FAO:

Hello:

I understand FAO has appointed Majida El Roumi as a Goodwill Ambassador. Is this correct? What type of vetting, if any, is done for candidate Goodwill Ambassadors?

I understand further that Majida El Roumi has publicly endorsed the Protocols of the Elders of Zion and stated that Zionists are responsible for the terrorist attacks in Paris and Brussels.

If FAO was not previously aware of Majida El Roumi's publicly expressed antisemitism, I submit that you now have notice thereof. Media clips of El Roumi's hate speech are archived and summarized here: http://elderofziyon.blogspot.com/2016/05/un-fao-goodwill-ambassador-lebanese.html.

I call for Majida El Roumi to be removed from her position as Goodwill Ambassador immediately. Will she be removed from this position, and will you take the bold step to condemn her blatant antisemitism?

Thank you,
She called the same office later in the day. What happened next is explained in her email to one of the employees in that office:
Dear Genevie:

Thank you for speaking with me earlier. As I mentioned, I called the main line this afternoon and said that I would like to speak to someone re: the Goodwill Ambassador. The representative who answered said that she received my e-mail. I had not given her my name when I called, so it was unclear to me why your representative asserted that she received "my e-mail." I asked if she knew who I was, and she said "I do not give a shit who you are." She put me on hold and when I asked for her name, she hung up on me. Obviously this conduct is not appropriate for any public servant, much less those in the role of liaison.

I expect this individual to be reprimanded and I look forward to an earnest reply from UN FAO on the substantive issue below.

Best regards,
The FAO contact replied:
I am unsure who you spoke with but I’ve informed all staff that they are required to conduct themselves as proper International Civil Servants and to address telephone queries with utmost respect.

As for the protocol relating to UN Goodwill Ambassadors and their selection, the entire procedure and vetting process are undertaken by FAO headquarters (Rome, Italy). They reached at the following email address : GoodwillAmbassadors@fao.org.

My apologies for the delayed response.

Sincerely,

Genevie

The working day at FAO headquarters in Italy is now over, and there has been no response to my inquiry about their support of an antisemite.





We have lots of ideas, but we need more resources to be even more effective. Please donate today to help get the message out and to help defend Israel.

AddToAny

EoZ Book:"Protocols: Exposing Modern Antisemitism"

Printfriendly

EoZTV Podcast

Podcast URL

Subscribe in podnovaSubscribe with FeedlyAdd to netvibes
addtomyyahoo4Subscribe with SubToMe

search eoz

comments

Speaking

translate

E-Book

For $18 donation








Sample Text

EoZ's Most Popular Posts in recent years

Hasbys!

Elder of Ziyon - حـكـيـم صـهـيـون



This blog may be a labor of love for me, but it takes a lot of effort, time and money. For over 19 years and 40,000 articles I have been providing accurate, original news that would have remained unnoticed. I've written hundreds of scoops and sometimes my reporting ends up making a real difference. I appreciate any donations you can give to keep this blog going.

Donate!

Donate to fight for Israel!

Monthly subscription:
Payment options


One time donation:

subscribe via email

Follow EoZ on Twitter!

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive