Sunday, November 03, 2013

  • Sunday, November 03, 2013
  • Elder of Ziyon
To Israel-haters, this is worse than Birthright.

From Ha'aretz:

For the first time since casualties of the civil war in Syria began receiving treatment in Israel, a Syrian woman gave birth to a baby in an Israeli hospital.

The baby was born on Sunday morning at the Ziv Medical Center in Safed to a 20-year-old first-time-mother. The woman was taken to the hospital by Israel Defense Forces soldiers during the night while she was in labor.

According to the hospital, this is the first time an Israeli hospital delivered a Syrian baby. Until now, Israeli hospitals have only treated Syrians wounded in the fighting. The staff said the mother told them that she lives in the Quneitra region, which is under closure, and that she didn't have access to the local hospital located nearby.

"There are no midwifes in the village and there was no one to deliver my baby," she said. "I'm a nurse by profession and I knew that wounded Syrians were treated in Israel, so when I felt that the labor was starting I asked to be quickly taken to the border in hope that the Israeli army will let me get help with the birth. Happily, the Israeli military drove by and saw that I was in great pain, they picked me up and took me to a hospital in Israel."

"I was wary of going to Israel, but I was more concerned for the wellbeing of the child in case there were complications while giving birth at home. The staff of midwives and doctors treated me with respect and sensitivity, and the birth went smoothly. I really don't feel like I'm in an enemy country, everyone is helping me and caring for me."
YNet adds:
"We've been eating mainly rice for a while, as a result of the blockade. It's the first time in a long time that I've been eating meat and vegetables. I feel better and I'm relieved; I'm eating and growing stronger and my sweet baby is getting great care."
OK, haters, breathe deeply and repeat to yourselves, "They're only doing this to distract the world from occupation. They're only doing this to distract the world from occupation. They're only doing this to distract the world from occupation."

After a few hours, you will believe it enough to start writing that on message boards.

AddToAny

EoZ Book:"Protocols: Exposing Modern Antisemitism"

Printfriendly

EoZTV Podcast

Podcast URL

Subscribe in podnovaSubscribe with FeedlyAdd to netvibes
addtomyyahoo4Subscribe with SubToMe

search eoz

comments

Speaking

translate

E-Book

For $18 donation








Sample Text

EoZ's Most Popular Posts in recent years

Hasbys!

Elder of Ziyon - حـكـيـم صـهـيـون



This blog may be a labor of love for me, but it takes a lot of effort, time and money. For over 19 years and 40,000 articles I have been providing accurate, original news that would have remained unnoticed. I've written hundreds of scoops and sometimes my reporting ends up making a real difference. I appreciate any donations you can give to keep this blog going.

Donate!

Donate to fight for Israel!

Monthly subscription:
Payment options


One time donation:

subscribe via email

Follow EoZ on Twitter!

Interesting Blogs

Blog Archive